The Speedometer/Race Assistant is an open source app, written in python. The core function is basic, know your actual speed!, but this app makes a lot more.
The main features are:
- Speed meter
- Direction angle meter
- Distance meter
- Acceleration meter
- Log race to file with checkpoints system
- Race against another players in real time
- Multi-lap supported, from 1 to 7 laps (1 logfile each lap)
- 3D log visualizer
- Ghost mode to replay your best logfile or force to replay another log
- Update your lap times to world rank (this site)
Arenanet will never officially endorse 3rd party tools, but this app is legal and safe to use. The app only reads the Game API through MumbleAPI, and displays this information as an overlay. If you want you can check the complete code, as the whole project is open-source.
The ghost3d.py app allows you to compete against your best time. This program plots your record logfile as a 3d object overlay so you can race against it.
You will need to create a logfile first (each time your timer starts, a log file is created), this program checks all the logs within the same folder. Check which ones are a full run, and load the best time.
If you want to force replay another logfile, just drag and drop the logfile into the ghost3d.py icon, the ghost will open with that file.
This app allows you and your friends to compete against each one. There is no player limit for a race.
To play a match, follow this steps:
- On speedometer window, select your map and laps
- Write the same code as your friends in the textbox, for example 1111 or 12345 , or whatever you want
- Press join
- Press ready to check if your friends see you, you can free spam ready and surrender buttons
- One person press the start race, this button only makes a countdown at all racers and clear ready status to start the race
- The race wont start with coundown end, the race time start counting when you cross the first checkpoint.
- Each player has their own timer, so there is no problem if you start first or later.
- And final step, enjoy!
The install is simple, but you have to pay attention to the steps, the app needs python environment to be launched. And its very important to check "Add to path" option to run python scripts.
Installation steps, follow one by one.
- Install python for windows (min version 3.9.2) with add to PATH checked https://www.python.org/downloads/
- Did you check add to PATH option when you installed python? Make sure it is checked, or the program will not run!
- Download the race assistant program from github, with the green button on top right, and download as a zip. Extract the folder to somewhere on your pc
- Execute "install_dependencies.bat" and wait until it closes, or execute "pip install -r requirements.txt" in console on the same folder of the program (cmd at windows)
- Open guildwars2 game
- Execute speedometer_multilap.py file with double click or right click and open with python
- Execute ghost3d.py file with double click also to run the ghostmode
If you need help installing or want to collab with code, let me know!
- Ingame: killer.8974
- Discord: killer415#1583
- Youtube: youtube.com/killer415tv
- Twitch: twitch.tv/killer415tv